Thursday, March 23, 2017

Percy's New New Bed

Percy:  You might remember that last week Miss Pam knitted me a cat cave.  After two days, I was evicted by my nemesis Micah.   (Percy's Cat Cave, Part 2)   This week Miss Pam knitted me a new new bed. Thank you so much, Miss Pam! I thought you would like to know how much enjoyment I have had from it.


Micah:  I can't believe we have this new bed and Jan didn't even mention it when she stopped by my cat cave to pet me.  Good thing I caught a whiff of the new scent and followed it into the living room, just in time to get my picture taken on it.

Buddy: So how does it compare to the cat cave?


Micah:  It's a lighter weight and there's no cave, but it's a good size and very soft.  Excuse me a minute.  A cat should always take a bath when breaking in a new bed.

Buddy:  Then I'm glad I'm not a cat.  I just crash on the new bed and it breaks itself in.


Micah:  That's the difference between cats and dogs.  We have to follow etiquette.  Unless we aren't in the mood at the moment.

Buddy:  We follow etiquette too.  Especially if there's a garbage can or a mud puddle.


Micah:  This is the new bed.  Pretty colors.

Buddy:  Yes, blue for you guys and pink for Cyndi and Taylor. 


Rusty:  I didn't think Micah would every leave so I could have a turn.  It's already past my nap time.

Micah:  Hey, Rusty, you're in my new bed!


Rusty:  No, Micah, I'm in Percy's new bed.  You can have it back when I'm done with my nap.


Micah:  I don't believe this.  Rusty stole my new bed.  Guess I'll just sit here on my old cat cave and see what's going on in the neighborhood.

Percy:  That is what went on around here for three days.  I never got to set one paw on my new new bed.

Buddy:  Micah did get his comeuppance.  Sometime during the night he vomited on it and Jan had to wash it and hang it up to dry.  So no one got to sleep in your new new bed the past couple of days.

Percy:  You wait and see, when Jan tries to give it to me, Micah will find a way to reclaim it.  I'm trying to figure out how to donate one of the new beds to the church discount store up the road.

Buddy:  Why would you want to donate one of the beds Miss Pam so lovingly knitted for you?

Percy:  Because I'd donate it with Micah sleeping on it!

Correction:  As Yam Aunty pointed out in comments, this bed is crocheted not knitted.  As always, it's all Jan's fault.  She told us it was knitted.  Our apologies for believing her.   



We always have much to be thankful for, so we are joining the Thankful Thursday blog hop at Brian's Home.  


18 comments:

  1. I was wondering how long it would be before your new new bed got commandeered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Tsk Micah... making like 'alpha' cat, huh? I suspect there may be another bed in the offing and eventually there will be one for efurrybuddy!!! Hugs wags whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx
    (pee ess... I spy crochet, not knitting...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new bed was... Was.. WAS... STOLEN? MOUSES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Percy what a pretty little bed you have there
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that totally happens with new stuff here too! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't know the difference between crocheted and knitted. Does that make us dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percy you needs to take sumpin from Micah like eats out of his bowl or sumpin or maybe just sits on him... -Doobie, who likes to sit on kitties in laps to makes them leave.

    Crocheted has big stitches and knitting has smaller stitches. that's kinda the difference... -Katie Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do things like that too (including horking on new stuff)

    We wanted to thank you for the kind words you left for Cousin Trooper. He was a super ManCat and we will miss him.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a mighty fine blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One Bed Two Beds See our NEW Bed?
    Pink Bed Blue Bed LUCKY YOU Bed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, crochet is very different from knitting....so elegant, crochet.
    And please do NOT donate the bed with Micah attached!!! You guys work this out, okay? You seem to have a plethora of beds, whatever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bed stealing goes on all the time at our house. Opie is the worst of the bed stealers. If he wants it, he will widdle on it so no one else will want it. Of course then it smells, so even Opie won't want it. I've had to toss so many otherwise nice beds. Good luck, Percy. I hope you get to keep your new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very difficult to claim a bed on the Funny Farm! LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tabby cat steals my beds I can so relate!

    Molly and my Mom @The Fast and The Furriest

    http://thefastandthefurriestat.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello funny farmers its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is kwite a gaym of myoozikal beds wot yoo guys ar playing!!! dont be kawt withowt wun wen the myoozik stops!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, so many beds to choose from and not one is right, huh, Percy. Poor you. Maybe one day there will be a bed the others will let you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty soon, you'll have so many crocheted beds, that each cat will have their own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.